Facts About XPS
To ensure peak efficiency and endurance for our walk-in coolers and walk-in freezers, Amerikooler uses only the highest quality insulation in our panels, incorporating ultra premium foam insulation (manufactured by Dupont Chemical Company) into each of our panels. This superior insulation not only meets, but exceeds U.S. Federal requirements with a minimum R-25 for coolers and a minimum R-28 for freezer floor and R-32 for freezer walls, ceiling and doors. It also provides enhanced energy efficiency and features other prominent benefits, including:
- Hydrophobic properties, so moisture will not deteriorate the R-value.
- Uniform density throughout the entire panel, closed-cell structure.
- Exceeds federal requirements from the US Energy Independence Act of 2007 (EISA).
- Exceeds the US Department of Energy (DOE) R-value requirements, effective July 1st, 2017.
- No voids that allow thermal conductivity lowering the R-value.
- Production with precise control parameters over density and cell size and orientation.
- Environmentally-friendly construction, 100% recyclable.
- An unprecedented 50-year thermal warranty. R-values are fixed after the first 180 days.
- Energy cost savings for years to come.
Show No Weakness
The proprietary extrusion process used to produce Amerikooler’s insulation provides precise control of compressive strength, cell density, size and orientation to ensure uniform composition for uniform performance. While the urethane foam panels some of our competitors use can often suffer from bubbles and voids during the expansion process (compromising the integrity of the walk-in cooler), the AK-XPS™ Grey insulation used in Amerikooler products do not suffer these defects and ensure that panel integrity remains strong. Amerikooler products, unlike hard-nose manufacturers, do not contain low R-value materials like wood or high-density urethane along the perimeters that allow for thermal movement. Amerikooler's tongue-and-groove "soft nose" is the same panel core foam insulation.
Keep Dry, Keep Kool
Walk-in freezers and coolers should provide lasting efficiency. Amerikooler’s AK-XPS™ Grey insulation contains strong hydrophobic properties to prevent water absorption, ensuring that moisture present in low-temperature situations is not absorbed into panels. Since extruded polystyrene’s R-values are fixed after the first 180 days and our insulation is backed by the 50-year R-value warranty, you know that the lower power bills are just a perk of the peak efficiency and quality of our products.
Our AK-XPS™ Grey insulation is so effective that we offer Dupont’s 50-year thermal warranty to back up our promise of lasting efficiency. No other urethane foam insulation is backed by this assurance!